This week's episode of the WNS Podcast which is based in Beaumont, TX has been canceled due to Hurrican Harvey which has devasted vast swathes of eastern Texas. WNS Podcast Host, Daniel Herrin issued the following statement:
"Our area was absolutely devastatedthese past few dayss leaving many homes in our area underwater. The city of Beaumont has over 100,000 citizens who have been left without drinking water. While Tyler and myself may have had our homes spared, some of our family members were not as fortunate. There is still a LOT of recovery needed and a long road ahead. But we will return to the show as soon as possible and continue to be #TexasStrong"
We wish Daniel, Tyler and all those suffering from the fallout from Harrican Harvey all the best.
WrestlingNewsSource.com wants to help spread the word about the wonderful charities you can support to help the victims of Hurrican Harvey. Please if you have a spare few dollars make a meaningful donation below:
- The Red Cross said they depend on financial donations to help provide immediate relief. They have already set up a way to donate to victims with a simple text. Text the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation. You can also visit redcross.org or call 1- 800-RED CROSS.
- The United Way has also announced a way to text a donation: Text 41444 to UWFLOOD to donate to the United Way Flood Relief Fund.
- Donations to support The Salvation Army's Hurricane Harvey relief efforts can be made at helpsalvationarmy.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY.
- The Houston Food Bank, Galveston County Food Bank, and Corpus Christi Food Bank all accept online donations.
- If you know of any other good charities please post them in the comments below.
Before you donate to a charity, make sure you know where your aid is going. You can check using GiveWell, Charity Navigator, Charity Watch, or the Better Business Bureau before donating.