New Japan Pro Wrestling has unfortunately reported this morning that former IWGP Heavyweight champion Tetsuya Naito suffered a knee injury during his first match in the G1 Glimax 31 against Zack Sabre Jr.
It is stated that Naito will miss the remainder of this year’s tournament. Each of Naito’s remaining eight bouts will be forfeited, and the wrestlers he was scheduled to face awarded two points automatically.
In place of matches against Naito, his scheduled opponents will be featured in showcase matches instead.
- Sept. 23: Tanga Loa vs. Yuji Nagata
- Sept. 26: Shingo Takagi vs. Yuji Nagata
- Sept. 30: Yujiro Takahashi vs. BUSHI
- Oct. 3: Toru Yano vs. BUSHI
- Oct. 7: KENTA vs. Hiromu Takahashi
- Oct. 9: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Hiromu Takahashi
- Oct. 13: Kota Ibushi vs. Satoshi Kojima
- Oct. 18: The Great-O-Khan vs. Satoshi Kojima