On the most recent episode of The Rich Eisen Show, AEW World Champion Chris Jericho and actor Kevin Smith discussed last week's debut episode of AEW Dynamite on TNT.
Kevin Smith was apart of the premiere episode on TNT and revealed because of this his scheduled appearance for WWE’s SmackDown debut on FOX last Friday was canceled.
Here is what Kevin said:
"You know how big it was? [AEW Dynamite premiere on TNT] It was big enough that… me and Jay were lucky enough to be involved, Chris invited us to be involved with the debut match on TNT. We were supposed to go do WWE, me and Jay, the very next day, which was Friday. Was it Friday? SmackDown. And then the morning after… because we were on the AEW show, it trended, like, there was a lot of coverage and stuff. So, the next morning we were told that WWE was like, you can’t come on anymore, and they canceled us. They kicked me and Jay off the show, but not in a crazy way.”
Chris Jericho followed up, "The first casualty of the wrestling war was Jay & Silent Bob"