Name changes are pretty much a given in NXT and there are a number of reasons for that being the case.
WWE tends to change names for legal reasons, in order for them to own the copyright or ensure it doesn't infringe another. WWE also likes to make changes so names sound better for marketing purposes.
PWInsider is reporting the following NXT name changes of late:
- Malcolm Bivens is now called Courtenay Moore
- Brennan Williams is now called Dio Maddin
- Dan Matha is now Dorian Mak
- MJ Jenkins is now Monique Jenkins
- Nick Comoroto is now Nick Ogarelli
- Robert Strauss is now Robert Stone
- Rachael Evers is now called Rachel Ellering