At least one finalist from WWE's tryouts in Saudi Arabia will compete at the Greatest Royal Rumble, the company has confirmed.
The tryouts have taken place over this week, with eight wrestlers being selected from the group. They are:
- Hussain Aldagal, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder with a background in volleyball and bodybuilding.
- Mansoor Al-Shehail, a 6-foot, 175-pounder who has trained under WWE Hall of Famer Dory Funk Jr.
- Faisal Kurdi, a 5-foot-9, 180-pound MMA fighter, amateur grappler and Muay Thai boxer
- Nasser Bawazer, a 6-foot-3, 250-pound champion in boxing, MMA and aikido.
- Khalid Alhothali, a competitor in bodybuilding, as well as combat sports, including boxing and jiu-jitsu.
- Abdullah Almagrabi, a 225-pound karate champion and boxing trainer.
- Faisal Allabboudy, a 23-year-old whose athletic background includes competitive swimming, boxing and bodybuilding.
- Asaad Alshareef, a 23-year-old Greco Roman and freestyle wrestler who has also trained in various martial arts.
Congratulations to the eight athletes who were declared the winners of the #KSATryouts! At least one of these prospects will compete in THIS FRIDAY's Greatest Royal Rumble event. #WWEGRR https://t.co/Rf7ykYRprb— WWE (@WWE) April 22, 2018
Whilst the role of the finalist(s) has not been announced, it is likely to be as a participant in the historic 50-Superstar Royal Rumble.
The Greatest Royal Rumble will take place in the King Abdullah Stadium in Saudi Arabia, and will air live on the WWE Network.