WARNING: We have detected your browser is out of date. For both performance, security and a better web experience you should keep up to date to avoid viruses, malware, hijacking and stay on top of compatibility features.
 
RSS Feed

 

  

■ ROYAL RUMBLE '23 FALLOUT! ■

 

8-Ounce Gloves Approved For Mayweather-McGregor Fight, McGregor Responds

Posted By: Caylon Knox on Aug 17, 2017

8-Ounce Gloves Approved For Mayweather-McGregor Fight, McGregor Responds

As was previously reported, both Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor asked for the Nevada State Athletic Commission to allow them to use 8-ounce gloves for their upcoming fight instead of the 10-ounce gloves that would normally be required.

According to a new report from ESPN, the NSAC has granted them permission to use the 8-ounce gloves.

McGregor gave the following statement in response to the news:

"I'm very happy with how the Nevada State Athletic Commission handled it," McGregor said Wednesday after the decision. "They handled it fairly, and they listened to both requests."

"If we are in 8-ounce gloves, he will be floored multiple times in the first round," McGregor said. "I believe first-round KO in 8-ounce gloves. The fact I can't follow through in MMA and pound the head into the canvas and there's a 10-count in boxing, maybe I'll give him second round. But 8-ounce gloves, he will be done in two."

Source: ESPN.com
Tags: #boxing #floyd mayweather #conor mcgregor

⚡ Explore WNS


Jump To Comments

Popular Tags

Popular Articles

Latest @ WNS Forum

Share Article

Follow WNS

 

 Follow us on @WNSource 

 Follow us on Instagram 

 LIKE us on Facebook 

 

⚡ News tip? Email ben@wrestlingnewssource.com 

 

https://wrestlr.me/47755/  
Adding comments is disabled due to age of article.
 

© 2006-2023 wrestlingnewssource.com

All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos, video, likeness and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Terms of Service · Privacy Policy · Π
Developed by Krysti.Engineer