The following are the results of the Smackdown tapings from Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan:
* Sasha Banks Def. Dana Brooke by Submission
* Dolph Ziggler Def. Rusev. Zack Ryder was on commentary. Ryder ended up distracting Rusev allowing Ziggler to get the Rollup for the victory.
* The Club (AJ Styles & Karl Anderson) (w/ Luke Gallows) Def. Enzo Amore & Big Cass. Enzo tapped out to the Calf Crusher by AJ Styles.
* Zack Ryder Def. Alberto Del Rio in a quick match after reversing the Corner Stomp into a Rough Rider. After the match ended, Rusev's music hit and he rushed down to the ring and attempted a superkick, which Ryder reversed and nailed Rusev with a Dropkick pushing him into Del Rio. Ryder escaped the ring.
* Tyler Breeze (w/ Fandango) Def. Kalisto after a distraction from Fandango.
- MizTV segment with WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz, Maryse, Darren Young, and Bob Backlund. This was a funny segment with Miz asking Young if he was worried heading into their match at Battleground. Darren attempted to answer but Backlund started yelling at Miz. Darren tries to calm Backlund down but Backlund tells Darren to shut up and that he has this. Miz tells Darren that he got lucky on RAW and that he's not great. Backlund interrupts again as Miz calls him an old man. Backlund then locks in the Crossface Chickenwing. Maryse starts screaming at Backlund to let go, which he eventually does. Young's music hits, which is the new theme song heard on RAW.
- There was a segment with Shane McMahon and R-Truth. Truth asks Shane if he can draft him to Smackdown, as Shane says he doesn't know yet. Goldust then interrupts and asks why Shane doesn't want gold on Smackdown. Goldust then starts acting all weird which sends Shane away, with Truth chasing after him telling him to come back.
- WWE Womens Champion Charlotte announces that at Battleground, she'll team with Dana Brooke to take on Sasha Banks and a mystery partner of Bank's choosing.
* WWE Champion Dean Ambrose Def. Kevin Owens by DQ. Seth Rollins interfered which led to Sami Zayn making the save. Shane McMahon then comes out to announce a tag team match.
* Kevin Owens & Seth Rollins Def. Sami Zayn & WWE Champion Dean Ambrose. After Owens continuously distracted Sami, it allowed Rollins to hit the pedigree for the win. After the match, Ambrose was outside the ring checking on Zayn when Rollins grabbed a mic and told Ambrose to come back into the ring for a fight. Ambrose threw Owens over the rope and nailed Rollins with a Dirty Deeds to end Smackdown.