» Customize WNS Theme (BETA)
Below are the results for day 2 of NJPW Honor Rising, via Wrestling Inc, credit to: @BryanHoughting:
- Jay White defeated David Finlay super entertaining opener. stream issues missed finish sequence.
- Jushin "Thunder" Liger & Matt Sydal defeated Gedo & Delirious Sydal gets the pin after Shooting Star Press on Gedo. Good match
- Dalton Castle defeated Frankie Kazarian by pinfall with a face down spinning powerbomb. Fun match with back and forth action and lots of near falls. Even though he lost both times, Kaz looked great this weekend.
- Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly defeated Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson by pinfall with Shibata pinning Gallows after the PK. Wow awesome match. Fans near the finish where loud like a US or UK crowd, it was great. After the match, Anderson and Gallows bow to fans and get emotional in center ring as fans thank them for everything. Awesome moment, one of those you only get from pro wrestling.
Intermission started at 5:34 AM ET, the show resumed at 5:44 AM ET
- KUSHIDA & Moose defeated Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI by pinfall after Moose hit BUSHI with a Spear. OK match that was just kinda there. Fans in Japan seem pretty into Moose though. BUSHI didn't work Day 1, but I thought KUSHIDA, Moose and Naito had better performances yesterday.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong defeated YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii & Kazuchika Okada by pinfall with Elgin pinning HASHI after the Bucklebomb to sit out powerbomb. Bodies where everywhere this was a hell of a six man. Ishii and Strong picked up where they left off yesterday and signs point to a rematch possibly at the ROH 14th Anniversary when NJPW officials and young boys could barely separate them after the match.
- NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship: Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks defeated Toru Yano & The Briscoes (c) by pinfall when Omega pinned Yano. More gold for The Bullet Club. Two amazing 6 Man Tags in a row. My pick for MOTN so far.
- ROH World Championship: Jay Lethal (c) defeated Tomoaki Honma by pinfall with the Lethal Injection. Run in by Los Ingobernables ended Honma after the ref went down. Fun match that had the crowd split about 60/40 for Honma. Jay Lethal has been great for over a year now as ROH Champ and it's been fun to watch. The house of Truth join Los Ingobernables to end the show.