Andre the Giant’s daughter Robin Christensen Roussimoff recently participated in a New York City ComicCon panel to promote a new graphic novel based on the life and times of her late father, Andre The Giant: Closer To Heaven.
Interestingly she talked of her relationship with WWE and Vince McMahon, saying that Vince McMahon, Sr. “was a better guy than his son is.” She added their relationship is strictly limited to sending royalties, and “They don’t really like me. I don’t know why.”
Some highlights from the panel have surfaced on Reddit which make for great reading. Below are just some...
- She believes Andre would struggle in today's WWE because of their intense focus on mic work. She believes the WWE is becoming too much of a soap opera and the wrestlers of today's world aren't that great - with the exception of "flyers"#
- Macho Man got on Andre's bad side when he was caught with steroids. Savage never got off his bad side.
- Drinking became his self-medication. "He learned how to function without being in a wheel chair."
- She confirms her dad drank close to 150 beers. She said he would stack cans one on top of the other when he drank.
-Andre loved filming The Princess of Bride. "It was probably the calmest point of his life." The cast treated him like he was a normal guy.
- She claims Andre took horse tranquilizer before surgery.
Follow us on @WNSource
Follow us on Instagram
LIKE us on Facebook
⚡ News tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org