WARNING:We have detected your browser is out of date. For both performance, security and a better web experience you should keep up to date to avoid viruses, malware, hijacking and stay on top of compatibility features.
WARNING: This article is auto-tagged for potentially containing spoilers. If you are looking for spoiler free content turn back now! Last chance!
ROH Final Battle 2014 Results (7/12/14) New York City, New York
Posted By: Jason Patrick on Dec 07, 2014
Show begins with a recap of the year ROH has had, from AJ Styles' return, to the relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling being announced, to their first live PPV, Best in the World, to Michael Elgin winning the ROH World Championship at the event and Jay Briscoe winning it three months later at All Star Extravaganza VI. We get a small introduction video to Final Battle before going live to Terminal 5 in New York City, where Kevin Kelly, Steve Corino and Nigel McGuinness are on commentary. Terminal 5 looks very cool but you can see how difficult it must have been for some fans due to the set-up. There is a big screen on the stage that throughout the night played entrance videos like in WWE, Steve Corino referred to it as the, "Carytron", named after former ROH owner and current ambassador Cary Silkin.
1) Hanson pins Caprice Coleman with the Spinkick of Doom to defeat Caprice, Mark Briscoe and Jimmy Jacobs in a Four Corner Survival match. Solid opener, Hanson looked really good and Mark Briscoe was very over with the NYC crowd. Some wild spots here such as the big man Hanson doing a Suicide Dive to the outside and turning Mark inside-out with a Cartwheel Clothesline. Hanson didn't get much of a reaction when he came out but at the end the fans were applauding him.
We get the promo for Adam Page vs. Roderick Strong which is up next, but when we come back, Jimmy Jacobs wants to speak. He tries to talk about The Decade and how this, "could be" the night Adam Page proves his worth, but BJ Whitmer cuts him off and says that, "he will" prove his worth.
2) Roderick Strong def. Adam Page by referee stoppage after Adam Page refused to submit to the Stronghold. Physical match that told a good story, Page went all out to try and beat Roddy but Roderick was just too good. Page hit his signature leaping clothesline over the guardrail on Roderick, and Strong dropped Page with a backbreaker against the apron. Roderick got the win when he hit the End of Heartache and followed it up with the Stronghold which Page refused to tap out from because BJ Whitmer at ringside told him not too. Referee Paul Turner stopped the match because Page was obviously not going to break the hold. Very good story told here.
3) Michael Elgin def. Tommaso Ciampa with a Modified DDT after Nigel McGuinness unintentionally (or intentionally?) distracts Ciampa after he accidentally hit the referee. Nigel McGuinness made it clear to Ciampa on Ring of Honor Wrestling a couple of months ago that if he ever hit an official again he would be fired. This was an okay match, didn't deliver as expected, crowd was pretty quiet during it or booing Elgin.
4) The Young Bucks & ACH def. The Addiction & Cedric Alexander when The Young Bucks hit the Meltzer Driver on Cedric followed by a 450 from ACH to pick up the win. Extremely fun match, Young Bucks were incredibly over with the crowd. The Addiction made a special Marvel themed entrance along with Cedric, and The Young Bucks came out with ACH wearing a Bullet Club t-shirt. Very fast paced, exciting match.
We see an advertisement for the next time Ring of Honor will be on Pay-Per-View, Sunday, March 1st, with the 13th Anniversary Show live from Las Vegas, Nevada.
5) Moose def. RD Evans with a Spear after Veda Scott came down and turned on RD by low blowing him. Not a good match, big disappointment, fans weren't into it at all. Evans missed a springboard spot which may have been an attempt at comedy but it just didn't translate with the audience. Not much else to say here, Moose, Stokely Hathaway, Prince Nana and Veda Scott all left together.
6) Jay Lethal def. Matt Sydal with the Lethal Injection in a good match to retain the ROH World TV Championship, in a match that was plagued by the crowd who didn't seem interested in it and made silly chants throughout. Truth Martini got involved near the end to distract Sydal as he was going for the Shooting Star Press, which he wound up missing, leading to the fatal Lethal Injection.
7) reDRagon def. Timesplitters when Kyle O'Reilly pinned KUSHIDA off Chasing the Dragon to retain the ROH World Tag Team Championships. Match of the night here, Alex Shelley was very over with the crowd, as good as their matches in Japan. Near the end O'Reilly hit KUSHIDA with everything and even locked in Armageddon but wasn't able to finish KUSHIDA before he and Fish finished it with Chasing the Dragon. Go out of your way to watch this match.
We get a promo for the main event, the crowd are loud when we comeback which is a testament to the build of this match and the hype surrounding it.
8) Jay Briscoe def. Adam Cole in a Fight Without Honor to retain the ROH World Championship after he hit Cole with the Jay Driller onto the ROH World Championship title. A very violent match which saw both men get color, Jay put Cole through two tables, Cole staple a piece of paper that he had attached to a chair at ringside which read, "Reserved for Mrs. Briscoe" to Jay's head, several moves onto thumbtacks, Cole put thumbtacks into Jay's mouth and then superkick them out and two consecutive Jay Drillers, the final coming as Cole crawled on his hands and knees toward the ROH World title only to look up and see Jay standing above him, an incredible image before Jay finished the match, to end this 18 month old rivalry.
The final image from the ring as Final Battle goes off the air is both men laid out in the ring, the wreckage of tables, thumbtacks, chairs, signapore canes laying around as well as streamers, before we go to an advertisement for the 13th Anniversary Show on Sunday, March 1st.
Feb 25 - Monday's WWE RAW drew 2.210 million viewers last night which was down significantly from last week’s 2.437 million viewers, according to Showbuzz Daily. In terms of key demos, the red brand sco[...]
Feb 25 - WWE issued the following statement on their official website: "WWE has suspended Nuufolau Seanoa (Samoa Joe) for 30 days effective Monday, February 24, for his first violation of the company’[...]
Feb 25 - Joey Janela revealed to WrestlingInc why Sammy Guevara and Darby Allin had their WrestleCon appearances pulled. Darby Allin was requested for the Philadelphia Comic-Con so he had to make that appearan[...]
Feb 25 - WWE is almost ready for the Super ShowDown pay-per-view event on Thursday, February 27, 2020 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at the Mohammed Abdou Arena. A leaked video below shows the construction of the se[...]
Feb 25 - The 2020 WWE Hall Of Fame is shaping up with recent names confirmed including, The Bella Twins. In addition to this, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, JBL, and Jushin Liger are also slated for W[...]
Feb 25 - The Undertaker is set to wrestle at WrestleMania 36, with speculation suggesting that AJ Styles is his opponent. As such, Taker will be part of the WrestleMania build and will be appearing on some we[...]
Update On John Cena's Return To WWE SmackDown John Cena's upcoming return to WWE SmackDown in Boston looks like it will be a big one. On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio Dave Meltzer revealed WWE has something planned for Cen[...]
Feb 25 - John Cena's upcoming return to WWE SmackDown in Boston looks like it will be a big one. On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio Dave Meltzer revealed WWE has something planned for Cen[...]
Feb 25 - The Undertaker was reportedly spotting in Winnipeg last night, this of course was the location of Monday's WWE Raw. According to John Pollock of PostWrestling.com, it is believed he got on the compan[...]
Feb 25 - During Monday's WWE Raw it was announced that Rey Mysterio will be part of the Tuwaiq Trophy Gautlet Match at WWE Super Showdown on Thursday. It looks like Rusev will not be part of the match with PW[...]
Feb 25 - Tonight, AEW return with another edition of their supplementary show AEW Dark, which is set to air at 7pm ET on the official AEW YouTube channel. Below is what is set to air on tonight's show: Joey [...]
Feb 24 - It's been announced that WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix is scheduled to appear live on next week's episode of Monday Night Raw to give a medical update on her husband Edge after the attack t[...]
Feb 24 - It's been announced that 2020 WWE Hall of Famers The Bella Twins will be the special guests on tomorrow night's episode of WWE Backstage on FS1 with Renee Young and Booker T. Catch the ne[...]
Feb 24 - It's been announced that next week's Raw will feature a Singles Match between Aleister Black and "The Phenomenal" A.J. Styles. Also, Rey Mysterio will team with Humberto Carrillo to face the[...]
Feb 24 - It's been announced that later on tonight on Raw, Kevin Owens will square off against "The Viper" Randy Orton. .@FightOwensFight wants ANSWERS from @RandyOrton...and a FIGHT!#RAW pic.twitter.c[...]
Feb 24 - In a recent interview on Total Slam podcast, Bill Goldberg discussed his match against The Undertaker at last year’s Super Showdown event in which he suffered a concussion early in the matc[...]
Feb 24 - WWE has recently been airing broadcast glitches during recent episodes of SmackDown on FOX. There has been much speculation as to why and who is behind the glitches, with rumors swirling it is Mustaf[...]
Feb 24 - Suspended WWE Superstar Andrade has reportedly been spotted at the Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada today. The location for tonight's WWE Raw. Andrade is currently serving a 30-day suspen[...]