- Clips aired from the Tag Title match on Raw.
- Smackdown Open.
- In the ring were Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox, the two WWE General Managers. Vickie spoke first. She said The Authority has placed the responsibility on her to run a tight ship on Smackdown. She claimed that order and discipline will be followed tonight. She said Maddox was there to assist her. Maddox said his job was to ensure that Big Show doesn’t enter the arena. Vickie kissed Stephanie and Triple H’s butt a little bit and Maddox thanked the fans for coming. As they were about to leave the ring, Daniel Bryan’s music played and he walked out. Bryan said he wanted to offer his assistance tonight. He said what’s best for business is when he beats Randy Orton at Hell in a Cell with Shawn Michaels as special guest referee.
Bryan warned the GMs about a rumor that Big Show was in the arena. Bryan introduced him as the GMs argued, but Show didn’t come out. Bryan admitted he was just messing with Vickie and Maddox. Looks like Bryan learned more than wrestling from Shawn Michaels. Bryan did say that the new tag champions were there, and they came out. Vickie demanded order and discipline…again. She called the three of them “renegades,” and put them in a match against The Shield tonight. Then she cackled. Not exactly the smoothest segment. I didn’t really see a need for Cody and Goldust to come out.
- Tonight, C.M. Punk takes on Big E. Langston.
- Next, The Miz and Kofi Kingston face Erick Rowan and Luke Harper of the Wyatt Family. Hey, they spelled “Erick” right this week.
1 – THE WYATT FAMILY vs. THE MIZ & KOFI KINGSTON
Rowan and Miz started off the match, but soon gave way to Harper and Kingston. Drop toe-hold by Kofi into the middle rope. Splash for two on Harper. Springboard by Kingston, but Harper got a boot up to nail Kingston in mid-air. Bray Wyatt was in his usual spot, in his rocking chair, at ringside. Harper wrestled Kingston down as if her were an alligator. After a flip kick by Kofi, Rowan charged at him to prevent the tag, but Kingston low-bridged him. Before Kofi could tag MIz, Rowan, pulled Miz off the apron. Harper caught Kingston with an impressive lariat for the win.
WINNERS: Harper and Rowan, at 4:00. Decent enough opener, though the lack of follow-up to the Kane feud is hurting the Wyatts somewhat.
After the match, Harper and Rowan got back on the apron. Bray called off his dogs, though. He said it’s okay for Miz to be afraid, as Miz was checking on Kofi in the ring. Bray told Miz to enjoy his world for as long as he can, because the Wyatts are set to take it all away.
- Cole thanked the Stone Temple Pilots for the official Hell in a Cell Theme, “Out of Time.”
2 – BRIE BELLA vs. A.J. LEE
As A.J. came to the ring, they showed Tamina giving Brie a shoulder-breaker on Raw, hence Brie’s shoulder being taped tonight. They also showed Tamina and A.J.’s post-match attack. A.J. left the ring as soon as the bell rang. A.J. ran again, this time hiding behind Tamina. A.J. turned her back and was on the receiving end of a right hand from Brie. Back in the ring, Brie Thesz Pressed A.J. However, A.J. brought Brie’s arm and shoulder across the middle rope to take control. She continued to work over Brie’s injured body part. For what it’s worth, Nikki was at ringside cheering on her sister. Brie made a comeback and hit a dropkick off the middle rope. A cover got two. Running knees showed a lot of light. Tamina charged at Nikki, but Nikki side-stepped her and Tamina went into the steel steps. Roll-up by A.J. only got two, and Brie hit the face-buster for the win.
WINNER: Brie, at 3:55. A.J. is the best Diva at working over a body part, so the bulk of this match was well-done.
Tamina carried A.J. to the back after the match as the Bellas celebrated in the ring.
- Still to come, Punk vs. Langston.
- And, Daniel Bryan, Goldust, and Cody Rhodes face The Shield in six-man tag action.
- Lilian Garcia was about to announce the next match when someone in the crowd caught her eye. It was the Big Show walking through the crowd. He came to ringside, then into the ring. He took the mic from Lilian and held the rope as she exited the ring. Somewhere in Gorilla, Zack Ryder is pissed. Show showed off an autographed ticket from Daniel Bryan that allowed him into the building. Show thanked all the fans and said he’s been going through some tough times, but the fans have supported him through it all. He said The Authority is not happy the WWE Universe wants Big Show to get his job back. He said we’ve all figured out what’s best for business. He held up his fist and smiled. Brad Maddox and Vickie Guerrero charged out from the back. Maddox was incensed.
They got to the ring and ordered Show out of the building. Vickie said Stephanie already fired him and he’s going to stay fired. Maddox yelled for Show to get out of his building while the fans chanted “no!” Show said he has lost everything and has nothing to lose. He knocked Maddox out with a beautiful-looking punch. He then left the ring and shook Cole’s hand on his way out. Vickie stood over the fallen Maddox as Cole implored JBL to make a citizen’s arrest if he disagreed so much with what Show did.
- C.M. Punk was walking backstage. He’s in action, next.
3 – C.M. PUNK vs. BIG E. LANGSTON
As Punk came to the ring, they showed a piece of his Beat the Clock win on Monday, as well as his match pronouncement for Hell in a Cell. Shoulder tackle by Langston felled Punk. Kick right in the arm-pit by Punk. Langston crushed Punk with a running corner charge. Punk fought back and pulled the rope down on a charging Langston, sending him outside the ring. Punk came over the top but right into Langston’s arms. Langston dropped him hard on the apron, then whipped him into the barricade as they cut to break at 2:21 of the match.
Back at 5:26 of the match with Langston having applied a half-crab to Punk. Punk managed to break free, but Langston went right back to the move. Following that, Langston gave Punk a gut-buster. Big splash was countered when Punk got his knees up. Heel kick caught Langston, as did a forearm. Langston charged at Punk in the corner, but Langston went shoulder-first into the post. Suicide dive by Punk and Langston took it like a pro. Top-rope cross-body by Punk for two. After a running knee in the corner, Punk went to the top again and hit a flying elbowdrop. The near-fall was registered at 9:29 of the contest. Langston got out of the GTS and he splash Punk for two at 10:02. Punk countered the Big Ending and hit the GTS for the win.
WINNER: Punk, at 10:41. Langston continues to impress when given the chance.
After replays of the finish, Paul Heyman, Curtis Axel and Ryback came onto the stage. Heyman said at Hell in a Cell, Punk will be facing a higher caliber opponent than he did tonight. He said Punk will be hard-pressed to beat him and Ryback. Punk said Heyman will get what’s coming to him at Hell in a Cell. Punk called Ryback an animal and said at Hell in a Cell, Ryback will be a caged animal that will be put to sleep. He promised to pull Heyman and Ryback through hell. Heyman quoted AC/DC saying, “hell ain’t no bad place to be.” He then led Axel and Ryback to the ring. Punk left the ring and met them at ringside, but quickly fell victim to the two-on-one attack. The fight went into the ring, where Langston was back on his feet. He helped Punk, taking out Axel. The heels retreated as Langston and Punk stood tall. Cool turn-of-events there.
- Alberto Del Rio was walking backstage. We’ll hear from him next.
- Alberto Del Rio was already in the ring, waving the Mexican flag. Josh Mathews was in the ring to conduct the interview. He asked Del Rio about facing John Cena at Hell in a Cell. But first, we got a Cena video package. Mathews asked for Del Rio’s reaction. Del Rio said he is Mexico’s greatest export and champion. He called the fans “gringos.” He said they have no soul or passion. Del Rio said Cena is the ultimate gringo. Del Rio insisted Cena start from the bottom, not with the champion upon his return. Unfortunately for him, Del Rio has no say in the matter. Del Rio mocked Cena’s injury, calling it a “sprained elbow.” He said Cena was going soft, but his ego grows day-by-day. Del Rio told Cena to watch what is going to happen to Cena’s arm at Hell in a Cell. He winked, then attacked Mathews. He wrestled Mathews down and briefly applied the cross arm-breaker. Not exactly Bob Backlund putting the chicken-wing on Lou Gianfriddo, but it worked. It was also a pretty good heel promo by Del Rio.
- The main event six-man tag is still to come.
- Earlier tonight, Big Show knocked out Brad Maddox.
4 – THE REAL AMERICANS vs. THE USOS
Zeb Colter was on commentary for the match. No entrance for the Real Americans. Colter heeled on Los Matadores on commentary. The Usos got the better of Cesaro to start, and we had yet another low-bridge spot, the third one on this show. Cesaro went back on offense with the Giant Swing. It didn’t get the pop it usually gets, unless WWE toned the crowd reaction down to keep Cesaro a heel. Swagger tagged in and landed a weak belly-to-belly for two. Double-team by the Real Americans, but Jey got his foot on the rope on a pin attempt. As Swagger had The Usos right where he wanted them, Los Matadores came out to their theme. Colter left the commentary table to admonish the matadors. El Torito charged at Colter and gored him in the stomach. “That’s a grandfather he just gored!” wailed JBL. Torito got him from behind as well, knocking Colter to the ground. Roll-up inside the ring, but only a two-count. Superkick put Swagger down, then Jimmy came off the top with a splash for the win.
WINNERS: The Usos, at 5:45. Once again, Zeb on commentary was the highlight.
After the match, and replays of the finish, Los Matadores held Swagger while El Torito splash him.
- Daniel Bryan teams with Cody Rhodes and Goldust to take on The Shield, tonight.
- The announcers talked on-camera about the Orton vs. Bryan WWE Title match at Hell in a Cell. They sent it to clips of Shawn Michaels, the special ref for that match, on Raw.
- When Daniel Bryan came to the ring, Cole broke the news that the contract signing for the Hell in a Cell match between Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan will take place on Raw Monday night. Shawn Michaels will be there for that as well. After Bryan came out, Randy Orton’s music played and he walked onto the stage. He had a mic and disparaged Bryan and his fiancée. He accused Bryan of having “delusions of grandeur.” Orton guaranteed that, despite with the odds seemingly in Bryan’s favor at Hell in a Cell, he’ll win the title back and become the face of WWE once again. The six-man tag match is next.
- A video for WWE 2K14 aired, showing an Orton vs. Bryan match inside Hell in a Cell.
5 – DANIEL BRYAN & CODY RHODES & GOLDUST vs. THE SHIELD
JBL noted that referee John Cone was officiating in his hometown of Kansas City. The heels cornered Goldust and made frequent tags early in the match. Back-elbow from the second rope by Goldust, but it only garnered him a one-count. Cody made the blind tag and hit a springboard dropkick. After a distraction, Reigns threw Rhodes shoulder-first into the ring post. They cut to break at 1:58 of the match.
They were back at 4:55 of the match. The Shield was still in control. Cody tried to get the crowd behind him in an effort to break out of a rest-hold. He did so, but was put right back down again. Rhodes finally grabbed some momentum by throwing Reigns out of the ring, then dropkicking him once he got back inside. Bryan made the hot-tag and Dean Ambrose was the victim of his offense. Hurricanrana off the top rope for two, as Seth Rollins and Reigns broke up the pin. Everyone started getting involved until it was back to Bryan and Ambrose. They both went for a cross-body, and both went down hard on the mat. The fight continued outside the ring while Bryan kicked away at Ambrose inside. Ambrose met Bryan on the top rope and gave him a double under-hook suplex off the top. Rhodes broke up the pin.
Rollins powerbombed Rhodes, from the apron, into Goldust, and over the table at ringside. Ambrose and Rollins were both sent out of the ring by Bryan. Suicide dive onto both of them. Back in, a running knee to Ambrose ended the match.
WINNERS: Bryan, Rhodes, and Goldust, at 12:43.
Some of the action near the end of the match was replayed. The faces continued to celebrate as the show ended.
Follow us on @WNSource
Follow us on Instagram
LIKE us on Facebook
⚡ News tip? Email email@example.com