WARNING:We have detected your browser is out of date. For both performance, security and a better web experience you should keep up to date to avoid viruses, malware, hijacking and stay on top of compatibility features.
WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley revealed his top 10 former wrestlers via his Facebook page. He notes the inclusion of Chris Nowinski is down to her work into the study of traumatic encephalopathy.
10) 3-way tie with BRET HART, EDGE and SHAWN MICHAELS – OK, I’ll admit I thought of these guys last, and didn’t want to exclude any of them, since they have all done some notable things upon retiring from the ring.
9) MARC MERO – Scoff if you like, bu Marc has done some outstanding work speaking to young people about some important and difficult subjects. Plus, this makes me feel better about including him, in a not so positive way in my favorite story on my “Tales From Wrestling Past” tour.
8) RODDY PIPER – “Hot Rod” just never seems to rest, from his roles on TV and in movies, to his personal appearances and live story-telling show.
7) TRISH STRATUS – Talk about a graceful transition from the ring to the real world; Trish has become a successful business-person, and ius a pillar of the community in Toronto. Plus, with a little Stratusfaction in her life, Trish is going to be every bit as good at motherhood as she’s been in the ring and in business.
6) Tie between STEVE AUSTIN and HULK HOGAN – Both have been successful in movies, and on reality TV. Austin hosts that popular podcast, and Hogan had that popular video out last year.
5) JBL – I’m not even including his broadcasting work for WWE here. John has done some impressive stuff, from his work on Fox Business News, to his Layfield Report, to his charitable work for at-risk kids in the Bahamas.
4) DDP – Sure, he’s done some work in films, but DDP is high on this list for the amazing work he’s done – changing, and probably saving lives – with DDP Yoga bro!
3) CHRIS JERICHO – Yes, he just had a nice run with WWE, but Y2J lands so high on my list for making the wrestling business look so good with every appearance he makes on mainstream television, from news shows to reality TV (that week-long stint on “Duets” notwithstanding). Plus, he’s toured the world as the lead singer of Fozzy, and written two excellent books.
2) THE ROCK – What more can you say about a guy who goes from headlining Wrestlemania to starring in some of the year’s highest grossing movies? The Rock has simply become iconic, and makes WWE look good with every outside the ring move he makes.
1) CHRIS NOWINSKI – Yes, this is going to seem like an odd choice at #1 for many, given his relatively short in-ring career, but the work Chris has done with Boston University’s CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF TRAUMATIC ENCEPHALOPATHY has been of incalculable benefit to countless lives.
Oct 25 - In the main event of tonight's WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, "The Viper" Randy Orton defeated Drew McIntyre inside the Hell in a Cell structure to capture his fourteenth WWE World Champio[...]
Oct 25 - In the fifth match of tonight's WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, WWE United States Champion Bobby Lashley successfully retained his title against Slapjack of the RETRIBUTION faction. LOOK[...]
Oct 25 - In the fourth bout of tonight's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, "The Boss" Sasha Banks defeated Bayley to become the new SmackDown Women's Champion after forcing Bayley to submit to a Bank Stat[...]
Oct 25 - In the third bout of tonight's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, The Miz defeated Otis Dozovic to capture the Money in the Bank contract after Tucker Knight betrayed his longtime tag team partner[...]
WWE Hell in a Cell Results: Jeff Hardy vs. Elias In the second bout of tonight's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, Elias defeated Jeff Hardy by disqualification after Hardy used Elias' guitar as a weapon, forcing the referee to call for the bel[...]
Oct 25 - In the second bout of tonight's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, Elias defeated Jeff Hardy by disqualification after Hardy used Elias' guitar as a weapon, forcing the referee to call for the bel[...]
Oct 25 - In the opening bout of tonight's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns successfully retained his title against his cousin Jey Uso in an "I Quit" Match within the H[...]
Oct 25 - During an appearance on WWE's The Bump, Seth Rollins was asked what his game plan was going into his matches against The Fiend. "Oh God, survive, I guess. They're scary matches. I've had a lot of d[...]
Oct 25 - WWE Hell In a Cell pay-per-view will air live tonight from the WWE ThunderDome at the Amway Arena in Orlando, Florida. Hell In a Cell for the WWE TitleRandy Orton vs. Drew McIntyre (c) I Quit - Hell[...]
Oct 25 - Dave Meltzer revealed during today’s episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that there have been internal discussions within WWE about booking Drew McIntyre vs. Roman Reigns for the upcoming Surviv[...]
Oct 25 - On the most recent edition of Grilling JR, Jim Ross discussed never really being into Rikishi being as the person who ran over Steve Austin. Here is what he had to say: "For some reason, I was neve[...]
Oct 25 - During a recent interview with TalkSport.com, Mick Foley revealed which WWE Hell in a Cell match he thinks will steal the show: "All of the matches are going to try and steal the show,” he be[...]
Oct 24 - Kylie Rae did not appear at the Impact Wrestling pay-per-view as scheduled which led to Su Yung replacing her to go up against Deonna Purrazzo for the Impact Knockouts Championship. Yung won the matc[...]
Oct 24 - At tonight's Impact Wrestling Bound For Glory pay-per-view, Tommy Dreamer walked out to the ring during Call Your Shot Gauntlet in a Road Warrior Animal t-shirt and the Animal paint. He also had a Roa[...]
Heath Injured During Tonight's Bound For Glory PPV Heath was injured during tonight's Impact Wrestling Bound For Glory pay-per-view. The injury occurred during the "Call Your Shot" Battle Royal. During the match, Heath eliminated Acey Romero, then t[...]
Oct 24 - Heath was injured during tonight's Impact Wrestling Bound For Glory pay-per-view. The injury occurred during the "Call Your Shot" Battle Royal. During the match, Heath eliminated Acey Romero, then t[...]
Oct 24 - Rich Swann has been crowned the new Impact World Champion after defeating Eric Young at tonight's Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory pay-per-view. Swan won the match with a phoenix splash and a pinfall[...]
Oct 24 - During tonight's Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory pay-per-vew, it was announced that the Knockouts Tag Team Titles will be returning. The new champions will be decided and crowned at Impact's next PP[...]
Oct 24 - Su Yung became the new Impact Knockouts Champion defeating Deonna Purrazzo at tonight's Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory pay-per-view. The match was originally set to feature Kylie Rae to face Purraz[...]
Oct 24 - The North have been crowned the new Impact World Tag Team Champions after victory against The Motor City Machine Guns, The Good Brothers, Madman Fulton, and Ace Austin at tonight's Impact Wrestling Bo[...]
Oct 24 - James Storm returned to Impact Wrestling during the Bound For Glory pay-per-view. Storm is a former TNA World Heavyweight Champion, one-time TNA King of the Mountain Champion, a record eight-time NWA[...]
Oct 24 - Former WWE Superstar Shawn Daivari made his return to Impact Wrestling at the Bound For Wrestling pay-per-view. Daivari departed WWE in April 2020 when he was released as part of the cull of backstag[...]
Oct 24 - Prior to tonight's Bound For Glory pay-per-view a number of big names sent in video messages to congratulate superstar Ken Shamrock on his induction into the Impact Wrestling Hall of Fame. Shamrock r[...]