Our friends from the African Punishment Wrestling Association were back in action this past Saturday! Here are the results:
Results from APWA "Father VS Son" at Alberton Tennis Club on 28 January 2012:
- KO defeated Renegade by submission
- Jay Austin defeated JDX
- APWA VS SAPW Inter-Promotional Warfare for the APWA Tag Team Titles: Vaatjie en Japie (Donovan Loudmouth and Blizzard) (c) defeated Scorpion Kruger and Cowboy to retain the titles
- Triple Threat for the APWA Heavyweight Title: El Mascarado Mexicano (c) defeated Vic Scar and Afrika to retain the title
- No Disqualifications Father-VS-Son Grudge Match for the PTW World Heavyweight Title: Zizou Middoux defeated Terri Middoux (c) to become a 2-time champion
- After what could very well be the most destructive match in APWA history, nineteen year old " Club Sensation" and "Ace of Clubs" Zizou Middoux defeated his father Terri Middoux on Saturday 28 January in Alberton to become a two-time Power Trip Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion. The brutal, chaotic and emotional showdown saw the use of fluorescent light tubes (a first in APWA), bottles, tables, chairs, and other weaponry that resulted in absolute mayhem and the spilling of family blood. During the final minutes, Vic Scar made an impromptu appearance in the match, attempting to help new ally Terri Middoux by laying out Zizou, but Ananzi intervened and delivered a bad habit to both Scar and Terri to give Zizou the win.
A furious Terri Middoux is blaming Ananzi for his loss and is swearing revenge. Last year, Terri temporarily lulled Ananzi out of retirement at the big Rhino Rally inter-promotional show in October - a brawl that ended with Ananzi in a bloodied mess due to repeated blows from Terri Middoux's spike. It was a confrontation that gave Ananzi that itch to get back in the ring. A return by the South African wrestling ace has been promised for this year. If he should return to APWA competition, will Ananzi's first opponent be "The French Monster" Terri Middoux? Such a huge match-up would be worthy of main eventing any APWA event!
Zizou Middoux will return to Power Trip Wrestling on February 10 to face one of United Kingdom's finest wrestlers in Jonny Storm. The PTW World Heavyweight Title will be on the line. For more information on that event, click here: http://www.facebook.com/events/303588513018859/ .
- APWA Heavyweight Champion El Mascarado Mexicano retained his title in a very hard-fought battle against top contender Vic Scar and rising contender Afrika. The rebellious Vic Scar is on a fast track to glory and showed on Saturday that he has champion potential, overpowering and nearly overwhelming the injured Mascarado. His dangerous reverse suplex almost put the Mexican dynamo to sleep, but Mascarado prevailed with fighting spirit and charged-up, high-flying excellence. This is, to date, Mascarado's first successful title defense.
It is still unknown as to who laid out El Mascarado in last week's shocking assault that was recorded on tape, however the primary suspect remains Johnny "Iceman" Sabin, despite his insistence that the mystery assailant wasn't him. Sabin showed up at the Father VS Son event, even though he wasn't scheduled to wrestle. Sabin has made it well-known that he intends to destroy APWA. To what lengths will "The Iceman" go to ensure the destruction of an entire promotion? What are his plans? Will we ever know who attacked El Mascarado Mexicano?
- The reigning APWA Tag Team Champions Vaatjie en Japie (Donovan Loudmouth and Blizzard) made their first successful title defence against a formidable team from SAPW, South African legend Scorpion Kruger and Cowboy. The inter-promotional war ended controversially: Kruger and Cowboy seemingly became the new APWA Tag Team Champions before Ananzi reversed the decision. Could this be the start of a more extensive skirmish between APWA and SAPW?
Vaatjie en Japie are offering help to Terri Middoux to resist the collective force of Zizou Middoux, Ananzi and others following the events at Father VS Son, but at a price. Will Terri take up their offer? Loudmouth and Blizzard are selling their protection services to anyone with a grudge in the locker room. Who will next challenge the APWA Tag Team Champions?
- The emerging fan favourite JDX and cocky newcomer Jay Austin are in the midst of a competitive rivalry that saw another athletic battle take place between the 19-year-old young lions this past Saturday. After JDX won their previous match, Jay Austin arose the victor this time. Their series now stands at 1-1. Both hungry warriors are vying for a higher position in the APWA contender rankings, eyes set on El Mascarado Mexicano's Heavyweight Title. Who will win the squared circle race?
- Despite his encumbering size advantage and crushing army fighting technique, the grizzled Renegade lost another bout to the mixed martial arts-influenced former cagefighter KO. KO used his own knock-down-drag-out style to rattle his large opponent prior to applying his new, deadly submission finisher that he has been teasing as of late. "The Ultimate Soldier" Renegade, who debuted in APWA less than a year ago, is promising a heavier arsenal of moves and smarter strategy in a future rematch with KO. KO had this to say afterwards, "They call me KO because everyone gets knocked the f* out, but I've added a whole new dimension to my game. As you just saw, I made Renegade tap out. When you throw down with KO, you're left with two choices: thrown down harder or get moered to kingdom come. No one fights harder than I do. Everyone back there knows it. It's my time now".
- More shows to be announced soon, including news on 4th Anniversary: Wrestle Madness, Rumble Revolution IV and the King of Africa 2012 tournament.
Visit APWA online: